Find our great opportunities by following the link below!
"I really liked that at this company, I didn't feel like I was 'just the intern.'"
Biomedical Investigative Assistant
Posting Date: April 17, 2013
Closing Date: July 19, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE: Bennett Aerospace (www.BennettAerospace.com) is seeking a highly motivated Biomedical Investigative Assistant. The successful candidate will directly support the Department of Clinical Investigations, located at the Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC), in Honolulu, Hawaii.
The successful candidate will be responsible for laboratory research in cooperation with other scientific staff in the laboratories of the Department of Clinical Investigation or in the clinical study areas of Principal Investigators within the hospital at TAMC.
The successful candidate will provide biomedical laboratory support to fulfill the requirements of clinical investigative studies including clinical trial execution or translational research studies that provide data for design of potential future clinical trials (e.g. physiological and pharmacological experiments assessing cardiovascular, pulmonary, and renal function in animal models of disease or trauma). Work includes specimen retrieval and processing, and assay analyses (e.g. radioimmunoassay, micro plate-based assays, histological and immunohistochemical analyses of tissue specimens [frozen and paraffin-embedded tissue sections], and gene expression analyses).
Primary Responsibilities include:
1. Technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
2. Planning, conducting, and completing investigations under the supervision of the head of the laboratory.
3. Performance of complex laboratory tests, determinations, and analyses involving multiple procedures and a variety of technical approaches.
4. Writing and editing of experimental results for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals.
5. Routine data analysis and verification/correction of data entry.
6. Guidance to lower level laboratory staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have knowledge of complex laboratory procedures;
• Must be able to meet deadlines on projects;
• Must have good English communication and analytical skills;
• Must be willing to work on-site at TAMC for the duration of employment;
• Must be a US person due to US Government security requirements; and
• Must be willing to work with animals and adhere to all regulatory requirements associated with laboratory animal care and use.
Desired Expertise, Experience, and Skills:
• Experience submitting protocols for Human Use Committee or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee approval (preferred but not required); and
• Experience working with clinical specimen collection, using animal models and performance of molecular biology techniques, radioimmunoassay, immunohistochemistry, histology, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays, flow cytometry, or cell culture (preferred but not required).
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a basic biomedical field (to include, but not limited to biology or biological sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, physiology) with at least 2 years of experience in laboratory procedures;
• Demonstrate laboratory research experience or work on clinical studies to include data collection and analyses; and
• Demonstrate research experience in complex biomedical studies including human specimen processing, animal model surgical experience, molecular biology DNA analyses, physiological monitoring, radioimmunoassay, biochemical assessments, hormone measurements, and data analysis for presentation in scientific forums.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS WORK: Please follow these directions carefully. Write a carefully crafted, well-written cover letter that elaborates on your interest in this position and why you think you are the best candidate for the job. In the cover letter, indicate where you saw this job posting. Any submission with a generic cover letter will be rejected with no review of the CV.
Submit your cover letter and CV in PDF format ONLY via e-mail to job113@BennettAerospace.us. Any attachments must be in PDF format, or we will not open them due to virus concerns. No phone calls after submission. We will let candidates know via automated reply that we have received their resumes and will contact them if there is a good fit after the closing date for this job.
Bennett Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affirmative action employer of veterans protected under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistant Act (VEVRAA). We are a Drug Free Workplace and thus, all job offers are contingent on successful background check and drug screen. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, Bennett Aerospace uses the Department of Homeland Security e-Verify system to determine eligibility to legally work in the United States. Bennett Aerospace is a fast-paced advanced technology development company that creates game-changing technology for radical, positive changes to the fabric of society. To learn more about Bennett Aerospace, feel free to go to our website at www.BennettAerospace.com.